The district of Ardoch was taken from Muthill, and parts of Blackford and Dunblane Parishes were added to it and the whole was created a parish of Ardoch in 1857, with full Quod Sacra status. The present parish Church was erected in 1780 as a “Chapel of ease” and was opened for public worship on 25th March, 1781. The former Braco United Free Church was built the following year at the time of the disruption which was fairly general throughout Scotland. There was also a Church at Greenloaning which belonged to the United Presbyterian Church and had been built whilst this part was still in Dunblane parish.
The Free Church building, which was always suspect after it had been struck by lightning, was removed with the exception of the Tower. The spire, which was almost as high again as the Tower, was also removed for safety reasons. The clock, which had been purchased by public subscription, still remains.