The history and background of the parish of Ardoch, along with a list of ministers who have served the church since the Scottish Reformation of 1560, is documented elsewhere on this website. The minister, elders and members of the congregation hope you will enjoy reading about a parish that has seen many changes in Scotland and in its own surroundings, but which has dealt with these and remained faithful to its mission. It exists to proclaim the Gospel of the Sovereign Grace of God given to us in Jesus Christ, and to be the His Church guided by the Holy Spirit of God for the people of the parish. This fulfils part of the commitment of the Church of Scotland in terms of its Articles Declaratory of 1929 to provide a territorial ministry throughout the entire country.
The church is older than the village of Braco which grew up in the 19th century on a cattle drovers’ route. The parish is designated Ardoch because of the name of the principal estate in the 18th century, when the church was established as a place of worship for local tenant farmers. The population declined with the decrease in the number of tenant farmers but was revived with the addition of new housing in Braco village in the beginning of 1971. Greenloaning also went into serious decline until the addition of a housing development around 1998, close to the A9.